Wooden Apple Birdfeeder Craft Kits for adults become available on Tuesday, March 30 at 9 am. Ideal for adults or high school students, this kit comes with all the pieces you need to create a lovely way to feed the birds. It's fairly easy to construct with no tools needed. All you need to supply is a piece of fruit, and any paint or stain of your choosing.
There are a limited number of kits, so get yours while supplies last and help feed the birds until spring truly sprouts.
Instructions to assemble:
1. Apply a small dab of wood glue in the hole in the front of the large piece of wood. Insert the small wood dowel piece into the hole.
2. Screw the screw eye into the pre-drilled hole on the top of the long wood piece.
3. Run a bead of glue across the bottom of the long wood piece and press this onto the top of the large piece of wood. Refer to finished photo as needed.
4. Let dry completely.
5. If you choose: Paint or stain the bird-feeder. Let dry and apply an outdoor sealant/polyurethane. Let dry. (paint/stain not provided in kit.)
6. Thread the jute through the screw eye and knot to create a hanging loop. Your bird feeder is assembled!
Adding the fruit/bird-seed to the feeder: Hold your peanut butter/bird-seed coated apple or small fruit in the center of the large hole. Carefully push the metal skewer through the hole in the side of the wood, through the fruit and then into the other hole in the wood. Hang your feeder outside and watch the birds!