Details of Special Events at the Library
- Click on Adult Programs or Ongoing Kids' Programs for information on the recurring programs at the library.
Family Movie: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Saturday March 23 at 11AM
All ages are invited to join us for The Crimes of Grindelwald-- the latest installment from the world of Harry Potter!
Feel free to bring your lunch or snacks.
Run time 2 hrs 13 mins
Chair Yoga for Teens and Adults
First Tuesday of each month
Middle school: Protect Your Peeps!
Wednesday April 3 at 6PM
Middle School students come Protect Your Peeps at the Library. Students construct a fortress to protect their marshmallow Peeps® from the attacks of other teams. Then they build a jellybean launcher to take out the other teams’ Peeps before theirs are destroyed.
Please register in advance; click HERE.
Explore the Digital Library with Kate
Saturday April 6th at 10AM
Tech Librarian Kate gives an overview of the free online education and entertainment resources that are part of the Library’s Digital Branch accessible on the website. This workshop includes a look at CreativeBug®, Hoopla™, Flipster®, Transparent Language®, and Universal Class™, which are all available to Library cardholders. They are fun, easy, and free! Time is allocated for your questions about these resources and other tech issues.
Coffee, beverages, and light refreshments provided. If you do not have a Hampstead Public Library card, now is the time to ask a librarian how to sign up and access all these new resources.
Saturday Storytime about Dogs
Saturday April 13 at 11AM
Children age 3-8 are invited to join us for this dog themed storytime.
Listen to stories about dogs, learn rhymes and songs, and do a dog-themed craft.
Sign up is required for this program. Sign up by clicking HERE. Please submit a separate form for each child.
Tech Tutoring: Get Your Questions Answered
Wednesday April 17 from 3-4:30PM
Would you like tips for using your new device? Or tips for downloading free eBooks? Your public library is the place to go!
Tech Librarian Kate Thomas continues her series of group tutoring sessions at the Library. Perhaps share something you know with the group, and learn a new tip from others. See how much is available 24/7 in the Digital Library.
Drop in and bring your own device or borrow one of the Library’s. Remember to bring your usernames and passwords. Bring your questions and Kate will do her best to provide answers.
You never know, you might be able to share a tip or trick with the group! For more information, call 603-329-6411.
First Annual PEEPS Diorama Contest!
Enter by Saturday April 27 at 2PM
Pull out your craft supplies, bust open a package of Peeps®, and get creative! The Library is having their first PEEPS® Diorama Contest!
There are four categories, divided by age: Grades K-5, Grades 6-12, Family (mixed ages), and Adult (18+). Work by yourself or with a team. There is no assigned theme this year. Let your creativity flow; however, it must be suitable for viewing by all ages.
- Peeps® must feature prominently in your diorama.
- Limit one submission per individual/team contestant.
- Your finished work must not be larger than 18 inches wide by 18 inches deep.
- You must submit a completed copy of this form with your entry.
- Entries must be submitted between 3 PM on Wednesday, April 17 and 2 PM on Saturday, April 27. Late entries cannot be accepted.
- Submitted entries will be displayed in public. The Library takes no responsibility for damage.
- The public is invited to view entries on display in the Hampstead Public Library from Monday, April 29 through Saturday, May 4 and to cast their votes for the “Peeple’s Choice” Award.
- Other honors include the “Best in Class” award for each age category.
- Winners will be announced by Tuesday, May 7 via the Library’s Facebook page and other media.
- Entries must be claimed by Saturday, May 11 at 2 PM; or else, they’ll be eaten!